Thursday, February 05, 2009

Just not a meanderer...

So, on the walkway into work this morning I was stuck behind two women who were chatting and strolling alone as slooooowly as possible. And in my mind I was silently cursing them and willing them to move FASTER so I don't end up clocking late in to work. The person next to me commented that she was also frustrated with how slowly these two were moving, then made the pithy observation that maybe she should try meandering along some time instead of constantly rushing around.

I have to say, it made me think. Maybe these women know something I don't. Maybe I should try meandering a little bit more, too. So, I tried it and I don't think I even made it a full minute. I guess I'm just not a meanderer...

1 comment:

Adam said...

I just can't walk slowly, it's not a natural or comfortable pace for me. It has nothing to do with not slowing down and smelling the roses, or whatever, it's about what feels right.