Saturday, October 19, 2013

14. If you have one month left to live, what would you do?


  • Shave my head.  I've always been curious what I'd look like and it's just long enough for me to get an idea.
  • Sing karaoke.  Never done that either and I have a feeling that I'd want to do it again once I tried it.
  • Take Jaime to Germany to show her where she was born.  And of course, to get a doner kebab.
  • The best vacation I ever spent was right before I joined the Army.  I got in my car with no destination in mind except that I was going to go south.   I also decided that I was only going to go places where I didn't know anyone because saying goodbye to everyone was getting draining. Every day I looked through my travel books and picked a new destination.  I want to do that again, except this time I'll go west.
  • Throw a big party after I get back from said vacation.
  • Make all my favorite foods one last time.  Guinness cake, spanikopita, pot roast, etc...
  • Try to repair things with certain people.
  • Tell others exactly how I feel on things I've been holding back on.
  • Beg George R.R. Martin to tell me how the books end.

2 comments:

Adam said...

That does sound like an excellent vacation. I love the idea of just driving and exploring. When we went to Vegas last year I loved the drives to and from The Grand Canyon and Death Valley, just seeing what was there and stopping where it was interesting. When we went to Florida last year we drove and, again, enjoying the drive and stopping at interesting spots was fun. I'd love to take a vacation like that.

Unknown said...

I like it because a trip like that opens up so many new opportunities. I also like searching out the weird and interesting sights on the way to somewhere.