Monday, October 28, 2013

20. What are the biggest things you’ve learned in life to date?


  • A real martini is made with gin, not vodka.  I blame James Bond for this. 
  • Your friends are way more understanding than you think of your faults. Chances are they probably know a lot more than you think despite your best attempts to hide your problems.
  • I should have started saving for my future much earlier than I did.  That said, it's also never too late to start. 
  • Not to be so hard on myself. 
  • Always take lunch. Working without a break just burns you out. You need to take a break sometimes to refresh yourself and be more productive.  
  • There's nothing wrong with wanting to spend time alone. It  doesn't make you weird and antisocial. 
  • There's nothing wrong with doing something nice for yourself. It doesn't make you selfish. 
  • Try new things, but also don't feel bad with going back to things you know that comfort you. 
  • You can't change other people. And you can't take on their problems for them. There's a point where you just have to let that go and live your own life.
  • My sense of humor has been the one thing that has gotten me through some of my worst times. That and Zumba. 
  • There is only way to order a steak. Rare. Any other way is wrong. Very, very wrong.   
  • Allow yourself to be happy about small things. 

No comments: