Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday morning reading

So, this morning I had to take Jaime to church an hour early because she was singing in the Easter service. (She did great, by the way...) So I killed some time in the church library. Now, the books in the church library are a bit more eclectic than you'd normally expect. Along with the typical religious centered and inspirational books you also find history, literature and then some really unexpected choices such as Metalcraft for Amateurs and Psychiatric Aspects of the Prevention of Nuclear War. Seriously. I'm not making this up.

However, my new favorite would be Recreation for the Aging by Arthur Williams. The best part is where it gives suggestions for names for a club for the elderly such as:
-Adult Social
-Borrowed Time
-Forget Me Not
-Pleasant Hour

Again, I am not making this up...

Anyway, I'm glad I had this entertainment early on because honestly, church sucked. One of the hymns played was what I last heard during my father's funeral and it brought back all sorts of unwanted emotions. I ended up leaving the church for a few minutes because I didn't want to be seen weeping in the pew. Not the most pleasant of times...

You know, I really thought this year was going to be better, but it's not. I'd mentioned this earlier to someone that it isn't better. It's just different. I don't know how else to explain it. It's hard though, in ways I really didn't expect. I really do hope things get better.

No comments: