Saturday, November 15, 2008

When I forget how to talk, I sing

So, I look back at last night's post and my first thought was that I overshared... Then I recalled a good friend asking me why I always apologize for my feelings or preface it with "I shouldn't feel this way." And I do... So, I stopped myself from deleting the post.

I do need to be more comfortable with sharing. I don't like to sound depressed and whiny, but writing is a good outlet for me, so I think I need to do more of it. I guess I'm just working through a lot of things. It's probably odd that I'm doing it in a public venue, but I think I will continue. (However, if I really do start sounding too depressing, please let me know...)

Luckily, Hospice sent me a packet talking about the stages of grief the other day. That's one of the things they do. They send out information talking about the different things you might be going through, groups for different people, etc... It actually is quite helpful. They also do a camp in the summer for kids who have lost loved ones that I'm going to send Jaime to. Hospice really is a wonderful organization.

They're also doing a remembrance in January to celebrate those who passed away in the past year. My mom isn't sure she wants to go, but I think that I will. I think it will be a good thing.

No comments: