Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Rochester Travelogue





So, I went to Rochester for work today. It was cold, grey and snowing a bit. Perfect travel weather...
Anyway, between meetings I took my lunch at the park at the Lower Falls, since there was a geocache I wanted to grab while I was in town. Despite the weather, the falls were still an impressive sight. And I'm sure that the park must be gorgeous during the warmer months. (no pun intended...)




I also got to see the park's bizarre statue, the Seat of Forgetting and Remembering. The sign explained that the sculptor used hand and face casts of hundreds of people in Rochester and described it this way, "the sculpture with its may relief designs of faces and hands celebrates our ONE-ness as humans as well as our unique characteristics."

I, however, was quite disturbed by it and have re-christened it as "Evil Stonehenge."


Maybe I just don't have an appreciation of the arts, but the only thought that came to my head after viewing this was, "ACK! DEMONS!"


Seriously, I'm going to have nightmares about this...

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Ahh Rochester, awesome and terrible as usual.

:)

Katrina Stanton said...

That is a totally freaky sculpture!

Unknown said...

Yeah, despite the sign that tried really, really hard to make this thing seem nice, I was pretty freaked out...