Saturday, December 20, 2008

Why yes, everything really is better with bacon...


I have to thank Katrina for being the first person to step up to the plate and take on the Bacon Chocolate Challenge! She also did a fantastic reading of the back of the packaging, putting a lot of emotion into lines such as "what began as a love of salt and sweet quickly unraveled into an obsession. No longer could I wait to unveil the royal coupling in solid bar form..."
Seriously, how can you not want to try this chocolate after that?
So, after taking the advice on the box to "rub your thumb over the bar to release the aromas of smoked applewood bacon flirting with deep milk chocolate" the tasting began! And it was actually pretty good! Katrina liked it, too. So, my $6 was well spent.
I also learned that it's a lot harder for someone to say no to the bacon bar when it's right in front of them. So, I was pretty happy that I was able to convince some other folks at work to try it, with varying responses. I guess not everyone really understands the appeal of bacon chocolate.
And the piece de resistance... I even got my mom to try it. She described it as odd...

No comments: