Monday, July 07, 2008

Movie Time Again!

Also, in honor of my new blog, I'm reposting this because I got such a lame response before. Come on, don't disappoint me...

-Pick 20 of your favourite movies.
-Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
-Post them here for everyone to guess.
-Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
-NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions!!

  1. Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported. This is Spinal Tap - guessed by Ken
  2. Sometimes, when we lose ourselves in fear and despair, in routine and constancy, in hopelessness and tragedy, we can thank God for Bavarian sugar cookies.
  3. Don't like her? What's wrong with her? She's beautiful, she's rich, she's got huge... tracts of land. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - guessed by Bancha
  4. The jail you planned for me is the one you're gonna rot in.
  5. The funny thing is, on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook. The Shawshank Redemption - guessed by Ken
  6. Don't forget to kill Philip!
  7. From the very beginning your manners impressed me with the fullest belief of your arrogance, your conceit and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others. I had not known you a month before I felt you were the last man in the world whom I could ever marry!
  8. I told 'em not to touch the alarm. They touched it. If they hadn't done what I told 'em not to do, they'd still be alive.
  9. But then an even greater force emerged, the "UN"… and the "UN" un-nazied the world. Forever.
  10. Mac... they said you escaped. I knew you wouldn't leave without me. I was waiting for you. Now we can make it, Mac; I feel big as a damn mountain.
  11. Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. Dr. Strangelove - guessed by Adam
  12. We met at Starbucks. Not at the same Starbucks, but we saw each other at different Starbucks across the street from each other.
  13. Ah, come on! It's Christmas Eve! I could be home right now, drinking this *monster* eggnog my brother makes with lighter fluid. Better Off Dead - Guessed by Adam
  14. All right. Wow, well you know, you got this movie and I'm getting hitched. We both had a good month, huh?
  15. Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't fucking roll! Shomer shabbos! The Big Lebowski - Guessed by Adam
  16. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.
  17. No way. Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.
  18. Lucy, is an artist. Lucy paints pictures of Barbara Streisand.
  19. Do you want your sister to lose weight? Tell her to get off the couch, stop eating twinkies and maybe go out for field hockey. You know what? No one ever knows what they want to be when they grow up. You know it takes a little, little while to find that out, right, Jim? And you... yeah, you. Sick of some jerk shoving your head down the toilet? Well, you know what? Maybe... you should lift some weights, or uh, take a karate lesson and the next time he's tries to do it, you kick him in the balls.
  20. Nobody puts Baby in a corner. Dirty Dancing - Guessed by Adam

5 comments:

Adam said...

Number 11 is Dr. Strangelove, Oui?

Unknown said...

Yes! I was truly shocked nobody got that one sooner...

Ken Ryan said...

The funny thing is, on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook.---The Shawshank Redemption.

Ken Ryan said...

Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.---This is Spinal Tap

Unknown said...

That's two in a row...