Thursday, July 31, 2008

Miss Manners approves

So, after weeks of waiting my jeep is finally back from the shop! Why is it back from the shop? Well, because almost a month ago a woman ran a red light and then promptly ran into me. To make it worse, Jaime was in the jeep with me and talking to my mom on the cell phone when the accident happened. So, of course my mother becomes hysterical after hearing Jaime screaming bloody murder, sends a friend to check on us to make sure we're ok and then gets in the car herself to check on us doubly so. I have a highly motivated family... My main concerns were that nobody got hurt and that it wasn't my fault. Lucky for me.

However, this still makes two, count 'em, TWO accidents in three months. I think we're cursed. I would understand if either were my fault because then at least there would be a reason for all of this, but no, I'm just cursed. On the bright side, since it wasn't my fault the jeep got fixed for free so I really shouldn't complain too much.

This was also the first time that I ever got a thank you card and a gift from someone I got into a car accident. Really. She sent a little magnet for Jaime in hopes that it would help her recover from any "post traumatic stress" and wrote a very nice note thanking me for treating her with kindness and compassion. It was actually quite a nice gesture. So, I guess everything worked out.

Especially since the jeep is back on the road! Yay! So, did I drive around with the top down today? You bet I did...

1 comment:

Bancha S. said...

So let's see this thing!