Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tasty...

So, tonight was spent school shopping for Jaime. This also entails taking Jaime out for dinner. I made the mistake of allowing her to pick out the restaurant which is how we ended up at the Seventh Circle of Hell, otherwise known as Old Country Buffet.



Joy.



Actually, it was a little better than usual. I still ate pretty well because unfortunately, even if it's bad food, when I have an entire buffet in front of me I like to make sure I get my money's worth. Yes, I know. I'm cheap.



By the time I went to trivia this evening (which we got 3rd place at, thank you very much...) at Horigans I was still pretty full. I did find some room to order the dessert of the night, pistachio gelato, however. And this is what I got...



Joy! And this time I really mean it... It was a bit more elaborate than I expected and very tasty. Presentation is key. The homemade whipped cream was a nice touch, as well, and it paired better with my beer than I expected. (That's a rather nice Belgian ale for anyone who's interested, by the way.)


Overall, a good end to the night.

No comments: