Wednesday, September 03, 2008

There and back again

So, I do a lot of driving for work. It's helped me learn the backroads of Western New York much better than I ever expected to need to know. I try to make my routes interesting whenever possible. During my travels, I've been watching the slow progress of the windfarm that's being built in the hills of Cohocton off of Interstate 390 and my curiosity finally got the better of me.

I was already on my way home and decided to take a detour to get a closer look at these windmills that have been causing so much controversy. A lot of people are up in arms against them. I'm really not sure why, as I don't see a downside to them.
Anyway, my internal radar was in top form and I quickly found myself amidst the windfarm. Part of me thought twice about whether I was supposed to be there, but I didn't see any no trespassing signs, so that was enough for me to continue on...


All I can say is wow... It was well worth the detour to check out. I counted at least 50 that were in the process of being built, with what to looks to be many more on the horizon.

I actually took these on my blackberry, since this expedition was more of a whim, so I'm looking forward to coming back again with a decent camera.


No comments: