Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weekend update

Things have been a bit crazed between dealing with the myriad of cancer difficulties, plus Jimmy getting ready to leave for Minneapolis (TOMORROW! ARGH, too much stress!) for engineer class, so I haven't done too much more than post entertaining P&C photos. I apologize, so here's the update...


Jimmy is going away for the next three weeks for engineer school, which has made him somewhat crazed, but that's ok. He's getting himself psyched by watching YouTube videos of trains. Seriously. You have no idea how many of these videos there are out there. Sadly, I do know now... That said, it is pretty neat and I can completely understand the excitement for him moving up from conductor to engineer... He already said that he won't wear the striped cap, however. So that means no entertaining photos of the dog in an engineer cap. Dammit.


The only downside is my fear that my dad will most likely pass away while Jimmy's gone. I honestly don't know how he's held on as long as he has. Every time I think he can't get worse... he does. He's a stubborn old curmudgeon and still says that he's not going to die, but I think that's he's starting to come to terms with the fact that he can't hold out much longer. I'm nervous about that because I want him to accept what's going on, but I'm also nervous that once he does accept it, then he'll be gone. It's very confusing.


My Uncle David and Aunt Linda are coming from England next week and my brother is coming back again the first of the month. I think my dad is just hanging on so he can see them all one more time. I hope he makes it.


That said, after all this death talk I really need to switch gears so I don't depress everyone so much. Then I'm gonna curl up in my sock drawer and sleep for days.... (name that quote!)


Anyways, this is one of my new favorite P&C signs ever. It's almost as good as "Body Bored".


No comments: