Thursday, November 20, 2014

39. Are you putting any parts of your life on hold? Why?

I am. Waiting for my divorce to finalize is definitely putting my personal life on hold. It's especially frustrating because I'm at the very tail end of the process, I've done everything on my end I need to do  for finalization and all I can do is wait for my soon to be ex husband to finish his end.  As of today, it is own to one single piece of paper that he needs to sign before we can file.

At least he's finally motivated to finish the process now that he has a girlfriend, but in some ways that makes me angrier because I had to wait so long until he finally had motivation to actually do something.  I can't help wonder if dragging his feet and putting up roadblocks to the divorce for three years was his own way of punishing me for leaving. He only got on board with the process when it was convenient for him.

It's also frustrating because I want to move on in my own personal life and the stress of trying to get the divorce finalized has impacted that significantly.  It's caused roadblocks to the future I want to build.  It makes me feel less secure because I don't always trust that my future is really possible. Especially since I didn't leave under the best of circumstances and my current relationship is impacted by that. I want to break free of that past, but I often fear my current partner cannot. It hurts. Why can't it be easier to let go and move forward?

No comments: