Sunday, November 23, 2014

40. What’s the top priority in your life right now? 41. What are you doing about it?

I put these questions together because they're so connected. It just seemed easier and faster to tackle it in one post. (Maybe this is also evidence of my improved time management skills... Haha)

I think I'm in a position now where I'm viewing things less on a daily basis, less firefighting and crisis management. And now I can focus a little more on planning for longer term goals. But I also have one very important task to complete before I can completely move on to the next phase of my life and that's the divorce.

Divorce isn't easy, especially when you're dealing with so many other issues on top of it. But having the divorce finally settled should contribute to giving me some peace of mind and hopefully should also translate into smoothing out some other stresses in my life. I wish I could've been stronger to get everything finalized quicker. But I didn't, partly because I was naive and thought my ex would be more reasonable and work with me. Then when I realized that wasn't going to happen, I got caught up  in the disappointment, which spiraled into a paralysis, thinking things were never going to get better so it didn't matter how quickly the divorce was finalized. I have to stop losing sight of that better future to work towards.

So, the last few months I've been pushing through the divorce to get my goal of finalization before Christmas. I do not want to start 2015 still married. It's the last string to my old life that I need cut. And I've done everything on my end with the paperwork. It's now down to one last piece of paper my ex needs to sign, then we can finally file. After it's done, maybe I'll be a little closer to where I want to be.  So yes, the thing I've put on hold and my main priority is the exact same thing. All the more reason to get this done.

No comments: