Monday, November 04, 2013

22. If you are yourself 1 year from the future, how would you advise the you now?

This is an interesting question.  Because I don't know exactly where I'll be a year from now, but I hope it'll be a good place.  A year ago today, I was most definitely not in a good place.  But after awhile, I finally made some changes to take back control of my life and that's been a good thing.

So, now here I am venturing into the unknown. I'm hoping my future self in November 2014 is going to tell me to keep my chin up, all this hard work was worth it.  Look how great it's all turned out!  It all paid off!  I hope my letter will tell me that I was successful, that I got my finances in order, that I have a nice, new place to live that is completely my own to be proud of, that I've got a good life.  I hope FutureAlex says that I'm making better decisions now.  I hope FutureAlex tells me to stop moping and second guessing everything and that things really can work out.  I hope FutureAlex doesn't tell me about staying strong during problems, because I really don't want to have to work through more struggles, but I think at least if I do that this year I'll be better equipped to deal with them.

And most of all, I hope FutureAlex tells me that they'll finally have those flying cars we've all been waiting for... So, start saving your money for the down payment!

No comments: