Thursday, November 14, 2013

26. What opportunities are you looking for?

I do like the word opportunities vs. goals.  It sounds much more appealing.  More like an adventure I'm about to start...  I like that.

So, what am I looking for?  I'm looking for adventure!


I am...  I really am.  Life is scary, I think I've spent a lot of time moaning about my worries and fears during quite a few of these 101 Things posts.  But, despite all my fears I also think that one of my greatest strengths is my capacity to look on the bright side even when things are rough.


And if you don't appreciate this joke, I'm sorry to tell you this, but you are no longer a friend of mine...

I want adventure, but I am also realistic.  I need security, too.  I need to feel safe, so I can take chances. It sounds counterintuitive, but it isn't.  I want to have a safety net, so that way I can feel more confident in taking more chances.  I have taken some steps into unknown territory with my new job.  And so far, that's paid off. I think moving into insurance has been a good move for me.  I feel like I'm still able to help people, but I can also grow career-wise,  as well.  I  like the fact that I'm embarking on my own path for once, rather than what other people want me to do.  I want to stretch my wings further. 

I don't know if I can rattle of specifics right now. But I do want the opportunity to explore my options further.  I want to be able to try new things, go new places and take more time just for me.  I want to try things outside of my comfort zone and not be so afraid to fail.  I want to explore.  I want my adventure.

No comments: